Saturday, October 17, 2009

Wild West and Products




The top picture is of some embelshments and stickers I use. These can be purchased anywhere: Wal-Mart, Michaels, even the Dollar Store! There is a local scrapbooking store that sells "Jolee's Boutique" items that are dimensional stickers. These are fun to use as they add depth to a page. You would be amazed the kinds of fun crafts these places have! Be careful, though...some can get quite pricey! That's why it's always nice to receive a gift certificate to places like these for the holidays...so be sure to ask those around you nicely! :o)

The scrapbook page is a picture of my cousin and her family. She had this done in Old Town Sacramento. I thought it would be fun to scrapbook the picture. I printed it off my computer after she emailed it to me. Again, proof on how vital a computer is to scrabook!
I used a 12"x12" piece of cardstock of black, then a smaller piece of cardstock of dark brown to give it an old-west appeal, including small pieces of what looks like an old-west newspaper to complete the element of the old-west. I garnished the page with cut-outs of an old skeleton key, a postcard with antique script and a granfathers pocket watch embelished with ribbon. In the corner, I placed a small envelope which I passed over with a small brown ink pad to give it an aged look and som interest, and inserted my journaling. I used alphabet stamps to spell out Jones, used a circle punch to punch out letters and a strip of black cardstock to back title, attached with two silver star brads. I used a number stamp for the year on a piece of torn and inked cardstock. I'm pleased with the way this turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment