Saturday, October 17, 2009

More Vacation...





The top two layouts is a close-up of a "pocket" page I did after visiting Oatman, Arizona. We watched a live wild-west showdown featured daily. For layout, I used brown cardstock and layered with strips of 12"x12" western pattern that I had ripped and inked with brown ink pad on edges to give an old-west effect. I attached star brads to the bottom strips of western paper to create a pocket to add additional embelishments on each page. Inside the pockets, I placed old-time monies and extra pictures and my journaling.

I also made use of a postcard that I found amusing in one of the gift shops. I used western stickers and dimensional stickers to achieve the look I was after. I used stamps for my title. I also added pictures from a brochuer of Oatman - anything can be used for a scrapbooking page! Be creative.

The bottom is a page I did after a visit to Lake Havasu, London Bridge in Arizona.
I used a 12"x12" creme cardstock with strips of blue, orange and red cardstock to represent a flag. I used cris-crossed red grograin ribbon to make an "X" across the layout. Added pictures and vacation stickers with a postcard from London Bridge to pull the page together.

No comments:

Post a Comment